CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

An end to Love or Love to its end.

Why do we sacrifice so much for love?
Is it an instinct that just comes from above?
A warm feeling that wraps around you
As if embraced by the feathers of a Dove.

But Love Birds grow old and time must soon end.
We look to the seasons to see what can mend.
Heaven sends water that turns to dew
Flowers do blossom and to Heaven ascend.
-jacob uda

I wrote this while on my mission. I wrote it with the purpose of trying to understand how people can love when that love they have has an end. Of course it applies only to certain beliefs, and not my own. There are many deeper thoughts that go with this poem. It hints at some things even with the title. Each line ends with a word that goes with the rest. It all ties in together some how with double meanings. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

cool jake! Guess I never thought about that before. It is kind of weird to love when you "know" it will all just end.

Naomi Hanks said...

Ha Ha! Mormons think of everything! I'm glad you got an RM planner Jake! That makes me happy for you!